Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Winds of Change!

The Winds of Change have come to the Fox home.  We are very grateful that these changes are of the positive nature. 
Changes (in no particular order)

#1)   Chris was offered a job working with the Pinal County Attorney’s office.  YAY!  He accepted and started on, Monday, June 27.  We survived his first week.
#2)  Our oldest child is now 16, still without her license at the moment, but as soon as she masters driving daddy’s car (it is a standard transmission) she will be on her way I am sure.  Please pray for my nerves  and for her safety.

#3)  College graduations are right around the corner.  Chris has submitted for his graduation, if he keeps it up he will be graduating Summa Cum Laude,  with a Bachelor’s in Social Justice and Political Inquiry (minor). I am so proud of him!!!  I am one class away from two Associates degrees and will graduate in December.  I needed a break!
#4)  My baby boy is SIX!!!!!!  It seems like it was only a few days ago I was holding that precious little bundle in my arms.  Now, I can barely hold him at all.  Here is what he thinks about being such a big boy.  And I quote…

“Mom, Carisa is your real baby, not me.”
"I love you, Mom, but I just like being with Daddy more than you.”
“Mommy, you are number five on my list.” (the list is his pretty girl list, at least he is honest)
Unfortunately, he is still a mama’s boy, as soon as my real baby (Carisa) is on my lap, he is sure to come back and take back his claim to it. While Carisa is sure to remind him that he stole mommy from her.  I can feel the love.  He is a typical male he loves me when it is convenient for him, but who can blame him he does have 5 other moms.

#5) Desperate times call for desperate measures:  So I am decluttering my home and selling almost everything that has been sitting collecting dust for 6 months or more.  I think my kids are a bit nervous that they could be for sale in the near future.  The garage is filling up fast.  Why does it have to be 100 million degrees outside?  I could be having a garage sale right now.  Thank you for Craigslist.
#6)  I am planning to launch my very own, very secret home-based business very soon.  I am super excited about this new venture in my life.  The best part about it is that I am able to start this business with my daughters.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting to hear your new changes! Good luck in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete