Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ahhhhhh, Easter Sunday at last.

Well it is finaly here. I was up late putting hair in curlers and braids, ironing dresses , shirts and pants, and making sure everything was just right for the kids and pictures in the morning, except it was already morning. I crawl into bed knowing that the alarm is going to come way to soon. Then crawl out of bed because 5 hours of sleep is not enough these days, put the monkey bread in the oven for breakfast, and wake up daddy so we can do the Easter baskets. Then it is time to unroll curlers and undo braids, lets not forget I do have 5 girls plus me to get ready. Thank God for the simplicity of boys, but why oh why does daddy only get 1 to worry about and I get 5? Ofcourse right about this time I remember my ever so wise words to my cousin, "No one is even going to know if the look My perfect, they look cute anyway, so don't stress about it." I think I am going to stop trying to comfort people who are exactly like me. What was I thinking!!!!!! So as I am finishing buttoning the last dress so that I can now go get ready myself, I feel the burning hot skin of a sick little girl. Sure enough 104.9 and mom gets a pass to stay home from church, or more then 10 minutes to get ready for the day.

As I watch my family drive off to church on my most favorite Sunday of the year(TORTURE), I remember that God has kept me from church in the last 4 months from the two most important Sundays for any Christian, Christmas and Easter. Both for sick children. So as I sit and ask God why?, the words to my most favorite Easter Hymn spring forth in my head,
"He lives, He lives! Chirst Jesus lives today! He walks with me and talks with me along lifes narrow way. He lives, He lives, salvation to impart! You ask me how I know he lives? He lives within my heart."

Ok God, I think I am getting it. I don't have to go to church to worship you on the two most important Sudays of the year. You, God are important everyday and I need to continutally worship you. I realize I have begun to lose my focus. Christmas and Easter are not about the perfect curls in the girls hair, or the wrinkle free clothes(that for some reason don't stay that way anyhow), the house being spotless(that doesn't stay that way either), or the perfect Easter meal(that I can smell as I am doing this). Instead it is about? Then God ever so graciously brings the words to my favorite worship song not written or sung by Matthew Casteel.
" I'm coming back to the heart of worship, and it's all about you, it's all about you Jesus. I'm sorry Lord, for the thing I made it. When it's all about you, it's all about you Jesus."

Ok, so now I am on my knees in tears, Thanking God for knowing how to get me to this most execllent place, and truly being able to just worship my Risen Savior. So as I celebrate this most beautiful day, the best Easter I have ever had, I still have one lingering question God.

Why the sick princess?!?

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think God just wants us to take the time to think about Him without all the distractions. It's hard to be the one at home though, and I've pondered this often when sickness has kept me home. I wrote a blog about it last fall sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor sickie princess! Serious bummer to have to stay at home on Easter. However, what a precious time you had with the Lord. I'm so glad you realize that and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete